Monday, November 15, 2010


This is a collage on the inside cover of my journal. I love this green I have no idea what it is called. Today, I get to make art with one of my favorite people. I have been drawing eyes, spraying and salting watercolor backgrounds, making atcs, zentangles, altered playing cards, decorated elephants...... Atc recipe cards are next. Thanksgiving weekend is a birdathon. I am gathering reference material for that weekend.
This is part of my testimony:

Before Christ, I had no power within myself to do what is good and right. I had no example in my life that reflected the love and grace of God. I was divorced, a single mom of 2 children. At one point I worked a full time job, worked two nights a week and cleaned houses, while taking classes at Columbus State. I was exhausted I cried all the time. My children seemed to be sick all the time. I hated life, I hated myself, I was headed for another bad decision. I did not want my children to grow up to be immoral people. I went to my brother’s church expecting the people there to be full of distain for me. I expected however they would receive my children. I was addicted, self destructive, and immoral. What I met in the church were people who accepted me where I was. I accepted that I was a sinner. I believed in His atoning sacrifice for my sin. I made a decision to turn my life over to God. After receiving Christ my church family counseled and loved me out of the life I was living and into a hope in Christ Jesus. I knew what hell looked like. I had experienced it. I realized He saved me. He rescued me. I adored Him. I broke off relationships and learned a new way of living. I found HIM the Lover of my Soul, the one who knew everything about me. I was transformed.

No comments: